Senior Quantity Surveyor
Blake contributes 7 years Quantity Surveying experience to CB Civil.
He keeps a close eye on project finances and contractual relationships, ensuring the financial position of our projects are accurately reported and controlled effectively. He manages the contractual relationships between the various parties involved in any particular project.
Previous project involvement includes some as small as $370 000 to as high as $16.6 Million.
- Measuring (On site and take off drawings)
- Contractual claims management
- Adjudication, appointment and management of subcontractors including monthly payment certificates and variations
- Cash flow Forecasts
- Monthly cost reporting
- Contractual Correspondence & application of the various forms of Contracts, NZS3910, NEC3, and standard forms of measurement ANZSMM2018.
- Early Warning Notifications to Client / Engineer
- Producing bills of quantities
- Compiling technical queries and suggesting alternatives
- General cost control
- Contract start up meetings, progress & commercial meetings
- Monthly payment applications including cost fluctuations, retention & claims adjustments
- Preparing, analyzing & programmes in MS Project
- Setting up of Performance & Retention Guarantees
- Candy (Construction Computer Software)
- Material and construction method cost comparisons
- Timely ordering and logistical control of materials
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- Grade 12 Completed (2006)
- BSc in Property Development (2009)
- BSc Honours in Quantity Surveying (2010)
- Primavera Project Management Course (2012)
- Construction Computer Software Course (Candy) (2011)
- New Engineering & Construction Contracts Course (2012)
- Defensive Driving Course (2008)
- 12 Month Mentoring for Success Programme (2014)
- IELTS Test Completed (2017)
- NZIQS – Member No. 7493
- Royal Institution of Charter Surveyors (RICS) – Member No. 6571569